Family Support and Advocacy
3/18/2020 – Due to the current situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19), for everyone’s safety, Family Support Staff will not be making any home visits until it is safe to do so again. Staff members are still available by phone, email and text. Office staff are working remotely and are regularly checking email.
SBRN’s Family Support Program provides individualized guidance and care coordination in the home or community for children, adults and their families/caregivers throughout New Jersey. SBRN services are unique and personalized, with focus on addressing individuals’ needs in the moment.
Our nurses and social workers provide instructional trainings and assistance as needed on topics such as:
- Developing bowel/bladder management plans
- Learning how to catheterize
- Guidance on skin integrity and wound care
- Shunt management
- Assistance with medical coordination
- Instruction on treatment regimens
- Instruction on dietary issues
- Accessing medical and community services
- Service system navigation and advocacy
- Socio-emotional/Family issues
In addition, SBRN staff provides assistance and advocacy in the school system on issues such as:
- Dealing with a disability at school
- IEP planning and meetings
- Transition planning
- In-service training for school personnel to educate on the unique needs of students with disabilities.
Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or someone you know needs assistance.